Wednesday, October 2, 2013

First post :)

My name is Lisa and to me reading is one of the best things about living.  I can't write that it's THE best thing because I have three kids, so naturally I must put caring for them and all that above reading. But if I were a single gal, that sentence would read "THE best thing", for sure. Just saying...

I'm starting up this secret blog to keep track of all the great and not-so-great things I read. We got our schedule back with the start of school (which is good, but also a stressful time for me, sending my kids out there for so many hours every day!). With that came easier trips to the library. Nathan (11 months) never gives me a hard time about cruising the new book section, nor does he deliberately hide from me among the magazines. He just sits in his stroller contently (for now) and lets me peruse. Then I can pile all my books up underneath the stroller. It works nicely.

Stay tuned for my reviews of my September books, which include, but may not be limited to:

Big Snow
The Secret Keeper
Cocaine Blues
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
My Own Special Way
Gone Girl
Imaginary Girls
The Lonely Planet Book of Everything
The Diviners

To whet our whistle, let me share a really cool little item I found. If you love him like I do, you'll love this:


Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment